Etsy

Monday, March 18, 2013

Starting a New Afghan

I love bringing home a bag full of yarn!!  Feels almost like Christmas. 

So, I found a pattern at Redheart.com that I liked...not sure how to share that without stepping on toes, but if I figure it out, I'll post it here.  It's called Ripple Flash Dance Throw.  I've changed the colors to suit the person I'm making it for.  I'm using off white, brown, beige, and hunter green.  Haven't quite gotten to the green yet.

I'll post more pictures as I get more work done.

It's really easy and the variation in ripple length gives an otherwise very common ripple a bit of character.  You can't see it in the picture, and I'll post another once I have more done, but in the middle there's an extra long section.  So the length of the ripples goes 15, 11, 11, 11, 19, 19, 11, 11, 11, 15. 

I hope the colors work out ok.  She likes browns/tans, and dark green, and I couldn't find 2 shades of dark green that weren't either too close to each other or...well...ugly, so I went with 2 shades of brown.
 
About halfway there!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment