Etsy

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Banana Bundt Cake

Made a banana bundt cake a few days ago and it was gone in no time, but I know my family and if I used the rest of the bananas to make another, it would just sit there and at least half of it would go in the trash.  After dinner tonight, which was the corndog casserole I posted the recipe for the other day, which my husband absolutely loves, he was putting some of the leftovers back for his lunch tomorrow and wondering what to take for his first break, which is when he eats breakfast.  So, thinking about those last bananas, which were about two days from being too old, I suggested making another banana bundt cake for him to take to work for everyone.  He also said he wants to see if he can get everyone to agree a carry-in because he wants to take the corndog casserole LOL.  He wants to show everyone how good it is.  I adore my husband, I really do, and while I'm no chef, I do like to cook and I love to see people enjoying the food I have made them, and he is always bragging on how good a cook I am.  Makes me feel good =)

Banana Bundt Cake
 
 
1/2 c. butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 c. mashed bananas, about 5
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
 
 
Cream butter; add sugar and beat until light. Add bananas, eggs, and vanilla. Beat well, mix flour, soda and salt to first mixture.  Spread in well greased and floured 8 cup bundt pan and place in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from pan. Top with icing mixture.
 

 
2 cups sifted powdered sugar
4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
2 to 4 tablespoons milk or water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  1. Combine all ingredients with enough milk or water to the desired consistency, less milk for a thicker consistency, more for thinner.
Makes about 2 cups.

Please forgive the plastic plate, but since this is going to work with my husband, I'm sending it on something that I don't care if it's broken or lost.

Just a little update...I got the plate back.  Empty.  Those glops of icing you see?  Those were gone, too.  Not sure if they were scraped off with someone's finger or licked clean, and, really, I don't *want* to know!  I'd say it was a hit ;Þ

No comments:

Post a Comment