Etsy

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Taco Corn Chip Casserole

It's been a while since I posted, I know. I apologize. Things just seemed to pile up and I needed time to dig my way out. I'm going to do my best to keep up with this, this time.

I need to get my act together...seems every time I cook or crochet something new, I don't have a camera near. I did get a picture of tonight's dinner, but used the camera on my tablet and it leaves a lot to be desired.

Right now, there are four adults here, our two sons are home while they go to school, so I'm still cooking for an army. This recipe is easily cut in half for normal people. Not only do my boys pack it away, they also like leftovers for lunch the next day or so, so even though I make a lot, it's very seldom that any goes to waste.

As usual, substitutions are great. Make it to suit your family. This calls for kidney beans, but I think next time, I'll use black beans. I meant to add some Rotel, but forgot until I was adding the last layer of cheese, so... maybe next time.

Taco Corn Chip Casserole


2 lbs lean ground
2 cans (15oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 large can (28 oz) tomato sauce
1 packet taco seasoning
1 can corn, drained
1 small onion, chopped
3 C. Shredded cheddar cheese
2 bags (9oz) corn chips

Heat oven to 350°

Cook beef and onion in a large skillet. Drain and return to skillet. Add taco seasoning, tomato sauce, beans, and corn; mix well.

In a 10x14” baking dish, cover bottom with a layer of chips. Top with half the meat mixture, then half the cheese. Top with another layer of chips. Repeat layers, ending with chips.

Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes.


**This recipe may be halved**

No comments:

Post a Comment