Etsy

Saturday, August 24, 2013

If it's not one thing...

So. Our youngest son had an interview today and since the truck needs brakes and steering work, hubby's been taking my car, which meant I had to take him to work this morning. He keeps saying he's not working this Saturday, and every Friday, they ask him to come in. So anyway, we come downstairs to take the dogs out to only to find Maverick's  left cheek all swollen. That was NOT like that last night! And of course it's the weekend and the vet isn't open till Monday. If I thought it was life threatening, yeah, id find a way to pay an emergency vet, but he's acting fine, eating, drinking, and playing, so we're keeping an eye on it and calling the vet Monday morning. I had my son hold him as still as he could (all the men in my family are big softies...the never hold the animals tight enough for fear of hurting them even when it's for their own good) while I put some peroxide on it.

I don't know what the hell happened, but he has like a scratch/cut/whatever in the middle if the swelling. He was in his kennel all night so I'm clueless.

Then I have been dying for some good potato salad. The store bought stuff makes me gag. So, I put some potatoes on to boil....and proceeded to forget about them and took a nap as I haven't been sleeping well. All the water boiled off. Hubby was taking the dogs out and saw it. *sigh*. So I'm all upset because we're having burgers and I'm thinking the potatoes are going to be too soft for salad and WTF can you make with mashed potatoes that would go with burgers???

So, I though I would try some fried potato patties and started peeling. Whoa. Wait a minute...they weren't *that* soft! So I put eggs on to boil and cut the potatoes. Cut them a little bigger than usual just so they wouldn't fall apart so easy. Then, instead of spooning mayo on top and stirring, then adding mustard and so on, stirring after each, I mixed the dressing up in a bowl and added it after the eggs and onions were in with the potatoes so there was only one stirring. Turned out GREAT!

Now, I would love to share the recipe...but I don't measure any of the ingredients. So...I'll tell you what I put in and let you measure to taste.

I make a lot because we love it and it goes fast. So...this is about what I use.

6-8 medium potatoes. Boiled with the skin on. This keeps them from rubbing together in the water and getting really mushy.
4-5 eggs, boiled, peeled, and chopped
1 large onion, peeled and chopped
2-3 C. Mayo
1/2 C. Mustard
Salt and pepper to taste

Now, if you like it more or less tart, add more or less mustard.

Peel the potatoes once they're cool.  You can use your fingers as the skin should come right off.  Cut them into bite sized pieces. Mix everything together and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment