Etsy

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Cinnamon Bread

OK, I have no idea where this recipe came from, but I found it on my Facebook wall, shared by a friend who also had no clue where it came from. It is SOOOO good! It makes 2 loaves and one was gone by bedtime. The other one lasted a little longer. Because we were all asleep part of the time!

Hubby said I must always have a loaf of this made up LOL go for it, dude!

I've made it twice, following the recipe exactly. Well. Sorry of. I think I may have accidentally added an extra 1/2 cup of flour the last time. The batter was thicker than in the pictures. The first time, the bread was more of a cake texture, but more bread-like the last time. Next time, I'm going to purposefully ads an extra 1/2 cup of flour and see what happens. Also going to double the cinnamon. It's good as-is, but we'll really like cinnamon, so...

Cinnamon Bread

2 C. Buttermilk
2 C. Sugar
4 C. Flour
1 C. Butter, room temperature
2 eggs
2 t. Baking soda

2/3 C. Sugar
2 t. Cinnamon

Heat oven to 350.

Cream together 2 C. Sugar and butter. Add eggs, milk, flour, and baking soda. Mix well.

In a small bowl, combine 2/3 C. Sugar and cinnamon.

Grease 2 loaf pans. Fill each pan with 1/4 of the batter (1/2 of the batter, total). Set aside 1/4 of the cinnamon sugar. Sprinkle the remaining 3/4 equally over the batter in the pans. Top with the remaining batter, split equally between the pans. Split the remaining cinnamon sugar between the pans, sprinkling on top of the batter

Bake 45-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment