Etsy

Friday, April 5, 2013

Wash Cloths

This whole work thing is seriously cutting into my crochet time!  *sigh*  I haven't gotten nearly as much done in the last couple of weeks as I would have liked, but I did get some great cotton yarn and made 2 wash cloths out of it.  I got some Lion Brand Recycled Cotton, which, from what I gather, is scraps from when they cut pieces for T-shirts mixed with some acrylic fiber so it's 76% cotton and 24% acrylic, but it feels like all cotton and the acrylic gives it a little extra durability.  I used the color Marine and just love the result!



I used a simple single and half double crochet pattern.  I made one about 10" square and one about 8" square.  The pattern was supposed to make a 9" square, but even after using a smaller hook, it was 10".  I used fewer chains for the smaller one.



Mesh Washcloth
worsted weight cotton yarn
H hook (I used an F hook and it was still larger)



Ch. 39.
Row 1:  sc in 3rd ch from hook *ch 1, skip nexr ch, sc in next ch.  Repeat from * across.  Ch. 2, turn.
Row 2:  hdc in 1st ch. 1 sp *ch 1, skip next sc, hdc in next ch 1 sp.  Repeat from * across.  Ch 1, turn
Row 3:  sc in 1st ch 1 sp *ch 1, skip next hdc, sc in next ch 1 a.  Repeat from * across.  Ch 2, turn
Repeat rows 2 & 3 until cloth is square, ending with sc row.  DO NOT FINISH OFF.

Border:
Ch 1, turn.  In same sp as ch, (sc, ch 2, sc).  sc evenly around edge of wash cloth, working (sc, ch 2, sc) in every corner.  Join with sl st to first sc.  Finish off.  Weave in ends.

`

No comments:

Post a Comment